Ever since the weather turned for the better, we’ve been taking just about every sunny opportunity to grill. My hubby is definitely the grill aficionado between the two of us, but he has become even more in-tune with his Weber lately and has been making some pretty incredible meals for us both. At the moment, the man is all about mastering grilled wings and along with the wings, creating the perfect sauce to go with. The other day, he nailed it! I truly don’t know the last time I had a chicken wing before last week because I honestly thought I hated them, but his grilled wings were so delicious! And the sauce was equally good!
Last night, he decided to take this concept and put it to chicken breasts. I added the idea of a salad, because whenever I think of buffalo chicken, I think of buffalo chicken salads, but you could easily make this into a sandwich or wrap. We ended up with one fantastic dinner and one that I know we will be recreating again soon!
John’s Famous Grilled Buffalo Chicken (on a salad)
For the chicken:
- 2 boneless skinless (organic if preferred) chicken breasts
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 T old bay
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce or wing sauce
- 1 T butter
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
For the salad:
- 4 cups of greens (I used baby kale)
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 large carrot (shredded)
- 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (can use blue cheese or feta)
- 1 avocado
- Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Mix the baking powder and old bay in a bowl and toss the chicken to evenly coat. Preheat your grill and cook chicken until just slightly underdone. (you will finish cooking in the sauce) Remove from grill and seat aside.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare your sauce by adding the wing sauce, butter and worcestershire sauce in a large skillet or saucepan. Heat over medium low until butter is melted. Gently stir.
- Prepare your salad by adding greens and everything else into large bowls or plates.
- Slice the chicken into pieces and add into the sauce. Let the chicken simmer for a few minutes in the sauce to finish cooking.
- Top salad with chicken and dressing of choice.